Monday 22 March 2010

Asking the questions

I found it interesting tht in assignment three i brought up the question of are people attracted to big brand names such as nike, adidas, and then shops such as topman and new look etc.

my base question for asking people is if they were actually drawn to big brands or not.
without asking the direct question i was askking questions suh as
where doyou shop for clothes?
why do you buy your clothes from there?
what attracts you to that particular shop?
Do you thinkyou have your own style? why?
where wouldnt you buy clothes from?

Askin these questions to random people brought up some same and different answers.
For example
Do you think you have your own style and why?
person #1 : "No because i buy my clothes from a multi nation store"
person #2 : "who knows, I've never put much thought into it, i just buy what i like at the time"
Both of these coments were from males at around the same age.
I find this fairly interesting because i thought people that were around the same age of 20 would most likely be drawn to big named brands.
I think this because people at around this age would probably want to make themslves look the best they can probably for social reasons.


What gave me a good answer to my base question was,
where wouldnt you buy clothes from and why?
"value stores, because they usually have poor quality materials and rubbish designs"
The question that comes to mind when i read this is what if they did have good quality materials? would this person then buy clothes from that shop?

When i asked person#1 where he buys his clothes he answered, Topman, River island and new look. This told me straight away he was into big name brands.
I also asked him the question,
why do you buy your clothes from there?
"because i think the clothes look good, its the kind of style I like"
But is it the kind of style he likes because everyonelse is wearing it?

Through my research i basically found out that, yes people are drawn to big brand names and i think it is because they are dearer so it will maybe make them look better and like they have more money

No comments:

Post a Comment